SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Farewell D&G - design duo Dolce and Gabbana call end to iconic fashion label
After showing their latest D&G collection at Milan Fashion Week, proud designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana took to the catwalk to take their bow.
Minutes later, it was revealed that the show had been Dolce & Gabbana's urban little sister's swan song.
CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
In a statement, the design duo revealed the reasons behind the decision to close their iconic, 26-year-old label.
"From the upcoming seasons, D&G will become part of Dolce & Gabbana, giving even more strength and energy to our collections," they said.
Nevertheless, the diffusion line went out with a bang.
The offerings were youthful and playful.
Whimsical dresses and tunics in silky, luxe prints were accessorized with silk scarf-wrapped platforms, printed clutches, floppy hats and gold jewellery.
Minimal hair and make-up showed off the elaborate designs to their full.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.