SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
New York Fashion Week: Kirstie Alley steals the show with modelling debut
Slimmed down Kirstie Alley stole the show when she took to the catwalk for designer Zang Toi on Tuesday.
The 60-year-old actress made her modelling debut in an elegant yet dramatic cobalt blue gown by the designer who she has been friends with for over a decade.
The fashion pack cheered as Kirstie – who has shed 90 pounds following a stint on Dancing with the Stars – swept up the runway with model poise, quashing earlier concerns about being able to keep a straight face.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
"Kitty is ready to walk the Cat!!!," she tweeted before the show, adding "Will be winkin and blinking at y'all. DON'T make me laugh! Gotta keep model face. Oh, who am I kidding??".
The blonde's appearance, which marked the last walk in Zang's show, was the perfect finale to the exotic and colourful presentation that earned him a standing ovation from the crowd.
Tuesday was another busy day for fashionistas, with Badgley Mischka, Diesel Black Hold, Herve Leger by Max Azria and Narciso Rodriguez all showing their latest collections.
Herve Leger showcased the evolved bandage dress.
Steering away from the thick, lateral bandages that have graced many an A-lister, sculpted constructions with peekaboo slashes and geometric prints were the Leger look du jour.
Meanwhile, Badgley Mischka's latest line featured a stunning array of neutrals in the form of sheer evening palazzo pants .
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.