New York Fashion Week: Marchesa pulls in stellar celebrity crowd
Marchesa has long been the go-to label for dreamy red-carpet dresses.
So it's no surprise that its A-list devotees were out in force for the brand's debut runway show.
CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Decked out in their finest garb, Emma Roberts, Olivia Palermo, Jessica Szohr, Mandy Moore and Rachel Zoe were all gathered together in a gilded salon in the luxurious Plaza Hotel.
The fashionable affair also pulled in a slew of the industry's most sought-after models including Naomi Campbell, Bar Refaeli, Karolina Kurkova and Petra Nemcova.
Naomi, looking glamorous in a black minidress and oversized shades, mingled backstage.
She was seen sharing a giggle with fellow cover girl Bar and Georgina Chapman, the designer behind the brand.
Marchesa used the mermaid as its muse for this collection. "It's all got a watery, magical feel," said Georgina in an interview earlier this week.
Models wafted through the room like glamorous sea creatures in their nautical-inspired ensembles.
Dresses with long feathers emulated the movement of plants in the water, and sheer fabrics with detailed embellishment allowed the illusion of floating.
- New York Fashion Week
- Naomi Campbell
- Bar Refaeli
- fashion shows
- new york fashion week september 2011
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.