SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Country club cool and Seventies glamour seduce the New York fashion set
Paying tribute to Babe Paley, the Manhattan socialite, who dominated New York in the Fifties, the line featured miniskirts and ruffle dresses done in grosgrain ribbon, slouchy cashmere V-neck sweaters, cropped polo shirts and pleated tennis skirts.
Click on photos for gallery
Over at Marc Jacobs the mood was all about Seventies glamour: Think Faye Dunaway in eye-popping playsuits, teamed with wide-brimmed hats and oversized sunnies.
Neutral colours draped to create über-feminine forms were the key notes from the queen of simplicity, Donna Karan.
Meanwhile, Venezuela-born Carolina Herrera swapped her Latin heritage for exotic Eastern inspiration this season.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.