Revealed: 21-year-old Carla Bruni's High Street lingerie modelling assignment
These days Carla Bruni-Sarkozy is famous the world over as France's model-turned-pop-star First Lady. But there was a time the brunette beauty was just a fresh faced model, dreaming of a career on the catwalks.
Pictures taken in 1989 for High Street giant Next captured Carla at such a moment in her life, when she was aged just 21. She models lingerie for the firm's catalogue in the snaps, which show why she went on to become one of the top earning models of the Nineties.
The photos were unearthed from the chain's archives as the company gears up to celebrate its 21st anniversary.
This month the firm is giving others the chance to follow in Carla's footsteps, with the launch of a model search headed by bricklayer-turned fashion star Paul Schulfor and singer Alesha Dixon.
Cameron Diaz's former love and Strictly Come Dancing winner Alesha are heading an online campaign to find two new stars to rival the likes of Agyness Deyn and Madonna's model beau Jesus Luz.
To enter the competition, wannabe catwalk stars based in the UK should upload their pictures to the special facebook page, where the public can vote for their favourite.
The 50 entrants with the most votes will be whisked away to a boot camp in London on July 31, and a team of experts will choose an overall male and female winner.
- This is the opinion of our visitors, not the hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to pour comments contrary to law or libelous
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors, before posting a message is correct, if no faults are more likely to be published
- Write all uppercase message is interpreted as shouting, do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters